Adventures in Japan <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 26

Buy what you catch


I can now truthfully say that I've been fishing in Japan. Tyler & Trevor, too. We didn't catch anything, but that was probably for the best. I mean, what were we going to do with a freshly caught, live & wiggling fish way out on the other side of Kobe? The other side of Kobe being the Suma Marine Fishing Park, about an hour and a half from where we live. We were a little cold when the sun wasn't shining, but the scenery was nice. We saw a lot of huge ships on the water, distant islands, the longest suspension bridge in the world, and some guys on the beach playing air guitar for all they were worth.


Once we were done with the beach and the fishing, we had a long wait for a train to take us back to Kobe. That made us late for lunch (only served until 2:00 at most places) so we didn't get a chance to try Kobe beef like we'd planned. We ate consolatory beef bowls at some fast food chain or another, and then Tyler had to go to work. And then I went to work, where one of the customers gave me the name a place that serves Kobe beef for a reasonable price. Nothing beats the advice of a local!

After work I met the guys at Green Leaf to celebrate the real Australia Day with a small group of real Australians. I think we may have even eater a real Australian meat pie or two.

Comments: Post a Comment