Adventures in Japan <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 25

I Just Got Puked on

Put a damper on an otherwise fine day.

I got up and went to the place where I teach a little bit early today, so I decided to go to God Mountain. Which is a coffee house. With a really cool name. And really good food. For fairly cheap. Ice cream as a part of breakfast is just an outstanding idea.

Training went well, even though one of the girl students cried (but she's a crier, or so I'm told) and the boss lady told me most of my training won't be paid for. I wish she would have mentioned that beforehand. But she also mentioned that I'm improving by leaps and bounds and that she's amazed at how quick the kids take to me.

After work I caught a train to Kyoto and met Carla at a big book sale. We bought several books. After the book buying, we met some people from the Bing Bang Boom Club for some supper and coffee. The supper was meh, but the coffee afterwards was nice. As was the conversation.

I was reading Tietam Brown by Mick Foley on the train ride home when I got puked on. Didn't really know what was going on until it was too late. The dude puked on me and then got off the train, leaving me in a puddle of his vomit. Carla doesn't do well with regurgitation, so I told her to move away. I sat there, smelling his inner essence, and wondered what the hell to do. If I had my camera with me, there's a good chance I would have snapped a few picks. Which probably would have deterred some of the kindness that was soon to come. There were orange-y chunks on my pants and some splattered on my jacket and the bottom of my backpack got a bit pukey too as I failed to move it in time. I just kind of avoided eye contact with anybody and also avoided eye contact with the up-chuck. That left me with not a lot of viewing options. But then people on the train started handing me tissues (the ones that get handed out on the street all the time) and apologizing. That was nice.

That's the part that I'll focus on. While I may have been the unwitting recipient of a technicolour yawn (mainly, though, it was earth tones), I was also the witting recipient of a lot of kindness from strangers. People here in Japan sure are nice.

Can't hold their liquor though.

Comments: Post a Comment