Adventures in Japan <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 28

Christ On!

Trevor went to the aquarium, saw some art, and rode an enormous ferris wheel. Tyler & I went to work. I had a surprise new student today, a very shy 4-year old with her mom & little brother. They joined my regular 3-year old and her mother in a tiny, tiny classroom. The new arrivals threw me for a bit of a loop. I was so nervous I was shaking, but by the end everyone seemed to be having fun. I don't know how much they actually learned, but at least no one was crying. Actually, that's not true. The little brother was crying when he left. I don't think he liked it when we put all the toys away. He really liked that banana.

After work, we all met up with David for some nabe (a communal pot dish that we cooked on the table in front of us). It was rather more expensive than the shabu shabu we had the other day, but also much more flavourful.

From there we headed to Christon Café. We seem to pass it all the time when we're in Umeda. Tonight was the night we actually went in. It was surprisingly large inside. Bigger than most Japanese bars we've been to. The decor was cathederalesque, with Jesus and/or Mary statues everywhere we looked, and what seemed to me like a lot of chandeliers. Even though the drinks were expensive, I kind of enjoyed it. We didn't stay long, though. Had to catch a train.


Comments: Post a Comment