Adventures in Japan <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 28

Festival of the Dolls

Everyone in their kimonos
I went to a Hinamatsuri, or Girls Day, party last night. Girls Day is actually March 3rd, but whatever. Just about everyone was wearing kimono, and we ate sushi, and Japanese sweets, and we all did tea ceremony, which was explained at length in Japanese (which for the most part went right over my head). And we made little paper crafts to take home. I got superglue all over my fingers. That kind of sucked. And then my little crafts fell apart anyway.

I was the only non-Japanese person there, but everyone was super nice to me. And next time, I get to wear a kimono too. Japan is great.

The chopstick holders that I made

Comments:
i wish i had the chance to visit Japan too
 
Post a Comment