Adventures in Japan <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 7

I spent today thinking mostly about my tummy

This morning I took a closer look at our instant noodles and discovered that they've been fortified with calcium and other such nutrients. And here we thought we'd be all malnourished (eating the way we do).

Also nutritionally interesting: MOS Burger (that's Mountain Ocean Sun) sells some of its burgers on buns made out of rice. I would've tried one, but apparently they were out.

To round out our day of culinary discovery, we stumbled onto a Chinese food restaurant with wonderfully low prices. Better yet, most of the dishes contained nutritious, delicious vegetables. Much to our surprise (and I must admit, to my delight) the menu had English descriptions on it. We could be sure of what we'd be eating! Except I misread the menu and ended up being surprised anyway. I guess the fact that I can't read English makes me feel a little better about my Japanese ability.

Comments: Post a Comment