Adventures in Japan <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 1

Confusing Musings

Trev left yesterday and I didn't get to see him off. I was at work. My last day of work. I didn't teach any kids, I trained a whole bunch of Japanese females in the fine art of English good speaking. I think it went okay. The girls seemed to have a good time. Then I helped my boss look through resumes to find my replacement. That was a bit surreal. I tried to find a guy who would do a good job but not be better than me. Then it was time to go. My bosses seemed sad to see me go, and I felt a little bad to be going. Plus I felt bad that I didn't get to go to the airport with Trev. Plus it was fairly cold out. Not the best of days.

Also, yesterday was Carla's and my anniversary. 10 years. That's a little bit of a long time. Both her and I were feeling a bit out of sorts so we just stayed in. Stayed in all today as well. Which was nice for a change. Big change from spending over two hours on a train. I like it.

I don't like how my blogging skills seem to have atrophied during our two week absence. This post seems all over the place and mainly pointless.

Let's fix that. There are a couple things that I should mention. The first is that I quit this past job so I can take another one next month. The one that starts next month goes for a year. So Carla and I will be here until at least next March. Probably longer, as we'll have a whole lot of sight seeing to do once the job ends. I'm excited about being able to stay in Japan and making pretty decent coin at the same time. But then we will be missing at least three weddings this year. And two more births. I don't know how old my cousin's kids will be before I get to see them. Hunter and Rowyn will be over a year old. A lot of stuff is going on back home. Kelly might even finish editing Blue Rare. I feel bad about missing all that.

The other thing I should mention is that we had a freaking fantastic time with Nate and Trev here. We did all sorts of stuff that we had been putting off.

I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to back blog all our adventures. Rest assured it will take too long and not make a lot of sense. Just check the page top to bottom and back again everyday and you'll be right. And if Trev and or Nate want to email in some stuff, we'll post it here. Just remember that grandparents and young cousins sometimes glance at this site.

Also, the 10 years of dating anniversary is the butter cookie anniversary.

Comments: Post a Comment