Adventures in Japan <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 15

Hello Goodbye

Sorry we haven't updated in the last couple o' days, but we were entertaining yet another guest. The Internet's own Eric Brochu made an oh-so-brief stopover in Osaka at the end of his Asian Adventure. He landed at 7 on Friday night and left at 6 on Sunday night.

On Friday night, we took him out to an izakaya, as is becoming our tradition. We ate and drank and ate and drank. We did not however, eat any raw horse meat.

After that we went to bed, cuz Carla and I had to work the next day.

On Saturday Eric and I poked around downtown Umeda waiting for Carla to finish work. We saw the big red whale and other shopping things and eating things and naughty things. And we went to Wan Wan Land, one of the most depressing pet shops in all the land. Full of small, cute furry things in too-small cages. Plus there is always a goat in there. And sometimes pigs or chickens. And always monkeys. This time, there were three monkeys. One was small and cute, one was big and crazy and one was... It was in a space just barely bigger than itself and it had very human looking, very wet, very sad eyes. Eric and I nearly wept right there.

From there we went to the electronic section of town. We showed Eric all the geeky stuff we could. I saw a VitualBoy game that cost over 700 dollars. Youch. From there we walked to the Dotonbori so Eric could take in all the neon. After that Eric took us out for a very swanky dinner. We went to the Herbis Ent building, the same place Carla, Ryland and I went for my swank birthday dinner. It is a swank place.

We had some upmarket Chinese, we had shark fin soup and Peking duck and lots of crab. I loves me my crab, I don't know if I could ever eat too much crab. After dinner, which was a fairly late dinner, we repaired to our apartment where we proceeded to Wii and Guitar Hero well into the evening/morning. I find having a couple drinks before Guitar Heroing really helps.

The next day we went into America Town to look at all the funny looking kids. We lunched at the Movie Star Cafe. The food was better and cheaper than I expected. You could buy autographs and check the week's box office results as you ate. Good times.

Then Eric left.

Comments: Post a Comment