Adventures in Japan <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 18

Day Next to Next to Last: No Offense, But We Dont' Want To Leave

We wanted to go to a scenic nearby town. But we got lazy and did not. Maybe tomorrow. Instead we did some more poking around Sapporo. There were a lot of parades going on today.


But not big, fancy parades. Small parades, they had to stop tor traffic. But there were tonnes of them. It was odd.


We wandered around the shopping district and the night life district and up and down many many covered arcades. Always coming across another parade or two.


Somewhere in there we stopped for lunch. Sapporo is known for its soup curry. As soon as I heard that, I knew I had to try it. Carla was much more wary. To her soup curry brought to mind really watery curry. But I talked her into giving it a go. Actually, I think this sign is what finally turned the tide.


And the soup curry was delicious!


I don't know if you can see it all that well, but there is a quarter chicken in my soup. And half a potato, half an egg, half a green pepper, a giant wedge of pumpkin, a giant wedge of carrot, some eggplant, and some corn and cabbage. Patrons are given the choice of how spicy they want their curry. I chose the hottest option. I was sweaty and numb by the end of lunch.

My foot feels numb almost all the time now. Unless I try to walk on it. Then it hurts.

It hurts bad. So bad that I am actually taking pain killers. I never do that. I am a Lukiwski, we are stupid pain magnets. I threw myself down a flight of stairs 28 times. My brother fell off the roof of a house. My father got hit in the face with a baseball bat. My uncle got pummeled with a phone. Said phone had just been ripped out of the wall. This is my heritage. This is what we deal with. We shrug it off. I tell you this to impress upon you how much my foot must hurt.

The painkiller helped a little. As did the all-you-can-drink at the izakaya. The drinks were good and plentiful and so was the food. Here is a picture of me enjoying the food.


This is a nice picture of our hotel.


Comments: Post a Comment