Adventures in Japan <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 9

Also

I guess the big news of yesterday is that we found a new place to live. It’s I think a little smaller, and not as nice looking, and its location is not as good, and the bathroom smells a little, but we save over 40 bucks a day staying there as compared to Hotel Kinki (say it, it’s fun!).

The other thing of note is that another hurricane started blowing in. Very windy, fairly rainy and cold.

Also, I really didn’t enjoy my dinner last night. It looked good in the picture, but not so good in real life. I have no idea what was actually in it, but to me it tasted liked runny scrambled egg mixed with tripe served on a bed of overcooked rice.

Dig me, all concise and stuff.

But wait, maybe I should talk about what happened today too.

Okay, I will.

We bought laundry soap today; it took more effort than it would back home. Mainly because we couldn't tell if what we were buying was colour safe or not. It looks like we made the right choice, none of our washed clothes look worse for wear. Whilst buying laundry detergent we also bought some snacks (and I gave serious consideration to buying some Suntory whisky. Man I love being able to buy liquor in convenience stores). We purchased a small bag of rice cracker snacks. Pretty good, a lot like the kind you can buy over there in the Canada. Or so we thought! (dun dun dun)

At the bottom of the bag were a bunch of tiny desicated fish. Their little eyes stared at me man! Not cool. Especially since I had just been shovelling handfuls into my mouth, not looking. Hopefully, I'll post some pictures.

Also, we had some really good burgers at First Kitchen, which is a fast food chain here in Japan. Really good food, all things considered. Especially the burgers. Man, they is good eats. It tasted more like a burger you'd get at a barbeque than one you'd get at a drive-thru. Messy, greasy, cheesy, with bacon, and onions, and tomato and lettuce and an awesome bun. And you could add flavouring to the fries. Real good grub.

Also had a Calpis soda. It tasted different. But good. Then Carla told me it was made of milk and grapefruit juice. I didn't like it quite as much after that. Hopefully pictures will be posted.

Also, finally, I had my interview this evening. It went well, I think, maybe I was a bit too serious. And overdressed. And sweaty, I'm not used to wearing suits, nor wearing suits in 60% humidity. Man, I was looking good, all decked out in my suit. No pictures of me styling in my swank new suit cuz Carla didn't take no pictures.

Comments:
Unless I see a picture of you in a suit, then I will not believe that such an event happened.

Bring back some dessicated fish.

Paul
 
Post a Comment