Adventures in Japan <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 14

A brilliant financial move on my part

I've taken on another part-time teaching job. Today was my first day (if you don't count Tuesday when I covered someone else's class). It went well, I suppose. No tears. Well... that's not exactly true. The woman I'm replacing didn't know that she was being replaced until late this morning. I guess she hung around the school and cried for a long time. How very awkward. Doubly so because she lives in my building. I wonder if she knows I'm the one that replaced her...

I feel bad, but it's not really my fault she lost her job. Apparently she's not very reliable, and the head of the school finally decided enough was enough. And if I hadn't replaced her, someone else would have. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Or rather, knew the right person. (Big props to David for hooking me up!) I've fluked into almost all of my jobs, really. Maybe that's why I have such a crap réumé and no interview skills...

Comments: Post a Comment