Adventures in Japan <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 6

A Martini Should Hurt You Until You Learn How it Tastes Good

I wrote this at work, and now I'm typing it here.

It is now 3:30 and I am bored out of my tree. I am supposed to be phoning all the part time teachers and introducing myself and asking them if they have any questions about English that I can help them with. But everyone I call is so nervous that there's no chance of them asking me anything. All they do is giggle. Not that I am complaining about their giggling. Not at all. No I'm complaining about how the phones here at work hate me. They are irking me. And vexing me too. I'm terribly vexed.

What makes this situation even more odd is that, just this morning, I told my boss that I was quitting. I won't be working at this job this time next month. He took it pretty well. But here's the thing: my boss knows that I'm quitting, yet he still has me calling all these teachers and introducing myself as the new English teacher. That seems a bit wrong to me. I will probably never meet these girls (all the part time teachers I've talked to are female. And giggly), yet I'm offering my services/assistance as a native English speaker. Not that I mind. Heck, I'll help them even after I no longer work there. That's just the kind of guy I am. Plus I'm a sucker for giggling.

Comments: Post a Comment