Adventures in Japan <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 12

Sometimes I forget I'm in Japan, but then stuff reminds me

I've been trying to do this and that all morning, but I haven't accomplished much. I've been mesmerized by Japanese children's shows. It's happened before, which is why I try not to turn on the TV if I have stuff to do, but today I let myself get sucked in. Japanese TV is always entertaining (if for nothing other than the commercials), but kids' programs are especially weird and/or teach me Japanese. Hosts of these shows say simple things, and speak slowly, and repeat themselves. When they sing songs, the words are usually written on the bottom of the screen. One of the shows taught me some of the finer points of reading and writing Japanese characters. And I understood a lot of it.

As an added bonus, kids' shows in these parts tend to be only 10 or 15 minutes long. I can't concentrate much longer than that, and believe me I've tried.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must watch a man with a thick Chinese accent explain in English how to paint with ink.

Comments:
You know, you have two friends that are flying all the way to the other side of the world just to visit you and you don't even mention them on your blog site.
You blather on about kids TV shows, but nothing of are selfless act of brotherly love.
Well, guess who's getting LOW FAT microwave popcorn.
 
P.S. Nathan & Trevor are coming to Japan. They are going to bring us sundries from far-off Canada. Heroes both.
 
Upon reviewing this post, it's pretty obvious that I wrote it while watching TV. The disjointed sentences and lack of meaningful detail gave it away.
 
Post a Comment