Adventures in Japan <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 30

Think of a Witty Title

It's all, like, Halloween and stuff. I managed to make it through my Halloween week at work, with hardly any injuries. As a reward I get all next week off. Woot. I plan on getting my voice back. Maybe play some video games. Study! I meant STUDY!

Since Halloween falls on a Monday this year, this whole weekend is a spook fest. Even though neither of us are even near 100%, Carla and I joined Ben in some festivities. We forgot the camera. Which sucks, cuz last night was interesting.

It was also fun, due in large part to Ben. He lent each of us a costume. Carla dressed up as Godzilla, I dressed up as Son Goku (a beloved character from some show I ain't never seen, but everybody knew who I was), and Ben was Jigen (a character from Lupin the 3rd, his costume was awesome). We hit a few different bars to get our free drinks. Free drinks rule! We also got on the loop line. The loop line is a train that loops around the city. On Halloween, tonnes of costume bedecked citizens descend upon it and make all sorts of craziness. It was crazy.

The train was packed. There were lots of really good costumes and lots of really bad costumes. There was a carton of milk, a pack of smokes, and some losers in garbage bags, to give you an idea of the range. And fat Elvis! Fat Elvis rules! And the robot ranger space fighter super uber cool costume dudes. They must have been sweltering inside their get ups. At every stop, everyone got of the train and then poured back on. If I could only use one word to describe the experience, I would use: crushing. It was unpleasant. Yet fun.

After we got our fill of being squooshed, we popped in to Rock Rock. It wasn't all that hoppin' yet, so we hit Balabushka (the pool hall type place). It was nuts. Packed with party people.

We didn't get to stay all that long, as we had to catch the last train home. No all-nighter for us please, we're sick.

Man, I wish we had brought the camera!

Comments: Post a Comment