Adventures in Japan <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 22

Meat and Yeast

As promised: more pics!


Totally arty, yet I didn't take it, I took this next one.


But I did not take this next one, because I cannot exist in two places at once.

Yet.


Whilst we were all taking pictures of one another and drinking and eating, Carla was spying on a couple of girls. Our group was situated in a booth, walled off from the rest of the establishment. We are often put in this booth in the back. It is where they put the white folk so they don't scare the other customers. That didn't stop Carla from trying to freak these two girls out. She was obsessed with them. Them and their makeup.

Y'see Theo...
Girls in Japan like to put on makeup. They are always putting in on or touching it up. In public. This isn't just a quick procedure, there are implements involved. Bizarre apparati. These two girls had been applying makeup for the better part of an hour. Every few minutes Carla would stick her head over the wall hiding us from the rest of the restaurant and report back to us. "They're STILL at it! They ain't getting any cuter!"

Nate disagreed.


The man just likes to have his pictures taken with cute things.

Comments:
It makes me sad that no one comments. It makes me sadder that I check this blog quite often and make notches above my bed for how many times I make it on the blog.
 
very nice for you to have so many lovely friends visiting with the lovely locals of Japan.

ryland
 
Slightly better...
 
I'd like to make a correction to this blog. Those girls were applying makeup for much longer than an hour. It was more like 2.5 hours.
 
Post a Comment