Adventures in Japan <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 2

Meat!!!

The title should be about Canada Day I suppose, but our Canada Day was all about meat. Not all about, truth be told, but meat is what I'll remember.

The plan had been to have some kind of picnic/bar-b-q in a park somewhere. So of course it rained today. We didn't have much in the way of backup plans, so we hung out around Ben's place, trying to think of what to do. It's hard to think with air this thick with heat.

We decided to try out this Brazilian place we had heard about. We had to wait for about half an hour, what with our lack of a reservation. The host was quite friendly. He explained to us all, since it was out first time, how the it all worked. There was a round marker of sorts on the table. On one side it was red, the other green. Green, as we all know, means go. As long as the marker was green, they would keep bringing us meat. Once we were full, we need only flip the marker to red. Easy. Plus there was a salad bar.

And it was a GOOD salad bar. But I dared not go back for seconds. I'm Canadian man, I know what's more important. Meat trumps salad, always. So we had some chicken, some pork, some lamb, some rib meat, some chicken heart (tastes like really intense dark meat), and lots of different kinds of beef. All so, so good. One of the best dining experiences I've had in this country.

Once we flipped over to red, they brought out our desert, which was roasted pineapple with cinnamon. I don't like pineapple, never have, but I had three servings. Fan-fugu-tastic.

Happy Canada Day!!!

Comments:
Hello!
Oh!you're c Canadian, aren't you?
my best country is Canada.
I've been to Canada third times.
Last December I learned English
in Victoria.
I hope I go there again!
 
Post a Comment