Adventures in Japan <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 6

It would have cost us more if we wanted to see it in Japanese

The Incredibles, or "Mr. Incredible", just opened here in Japan. We thought maybe we wouldn't get to see it for a while, but we splurged on an opening weekend viewing. Totally worth it. That was probably my favourite Pixar movie so far. I was mesmerized by the animated hair, and for some reason, the lips. Even the end credits I enjoyed. Partly because they were visually interesting, and partly because there was no blooper reel. Everyone else seems to enjoy them, but I can't help but find animated "bloopers" overly contrived and more than just a little stupid. Also stupid, the trailer for Pixar's next movie, the one with the talking cars. Maybe, by some miracle, they'll pull it off and the movie will be fabulous, but from what I saw, that doesn't look too likely. Pity. And you know, I gotta say, I wasn't too impressed with the animated short that came before The Incredibles, either. The one with the jackalope and the dancing sheep. It wasn't bad necessarily, I just really didn't care for it. It certainly doesn't compare to the shorts Pixar has included in front of their other films. Those all made me laugh. This one not so much. Pity.

While we were downtown for the movie watching, we took another look at the English book sale. I bought a cookbook that I will probably never use. At least, not in this country. It's bulky and heavy, and I don't know how I'm going to get it back to Canada. But in my defence, it was a really good deal.

And on the subject of books, buying a whole bag of them the other day was probably a bad idea. I can't be trusted not to read them when I have other, more important things to do. Not only am I an inveterate procrastinator, I have almost no willpower. If there's a book sitting in front of me, I can't help but pick it up and read it. And once I'm reading, I can't seem to stop. As a matter of fact, I'm going to go read right now. Or maybe study some Japanese vocabulary. But probably read.

Comments: Post a Comment