Adventures in Japan <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 9

Sprung

Just thought I'd dash off a quick blog while I wait for me phone to charge.

So, spring is here. You can tell because of all the cherry blossoms. It's crazy. They all bloomed over night. And this might make me less of a man, but pink trees sure are pretty. The trees are all fluffy and pink, the air is warm, tonnes of people are wearing masks (to block the pollen): yup, spring is here.

Speaking of pollen, I've kind of gotten used to feeling not 100 per cent. With the weather this nice, it's a compromise I'm willing to make. Plus, did I mention the pretty trees? That's where I'm off to soon, and that is where Carla is right now: at a hanami (cherry blossom viewing party). That might sound kind of lame, but like all of the best Japanese traditions, it's really just an excuse to drink.

I'm getting there pretty late because work went way long. In addition to teaching kids, I also have to make audio materials. Well, I don't make them really, I just have to read what is put in front of me. Over and over and over and over again. Yeah, I spent ten hours at work today. My throat hurts a little. Oh well. Nothing a little hanami can't fix.

Later. Hopefully we'll post some pictures.

Comments:
Hey guys:

You have to check out gizoogle.com - it can translate your web site into Snoop Dogg speak. Here's a sample of how the first line of your last post translates: "Jizzy thought I'd dizzash off a quick bizzle while I wait fo` me phone ta charge."

That's how I hear Tyler's voice in my head anyway.

Kim H
 
Here's the thing: I dictate all my posts to Carla who translates them all FROM my Snoop Dogg speak.

Also, Gizoogle is blatantly west coast biased and doesn't fully 'represent' my central patois.

For example, the first line of my last post, as spoken by me originally was "Jizust fought Me'd Dizzy off da hook on the blizog tip meng, me phone's all up ons know'm'sayn? Word life!"
 
Post a Comment