Adventures in Japan <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 25

(You) Shook Me All Night Long

Not all night. More like a dozen or so seconds. I am referring to my first real earthquake experience. I'm sure there's been at least dozens of them, but this is the first one noticed. I woke up with a start this morning, thinking Carla was late for work. She, still asleep, reminded me that it was Sunday. I couldn't fall back asleep, so I came out here to use the computer.

Those of you who have bunked with us know that we live quite close to a train station. The noise doesn't bother us at all, but the apartment moves a bit when the big trains go by. So when the swaying started, I thought nothing of it. Then I heard a train pass by, but the swaying didn't stop. It got worse. The curtains started moving. I could hear the bathroom door knock around in its frame. I got up and went to the bedroom. If it got any worse, I would wake Carla. It didn't get any worse.

Carla slept through the whole thing.

Comments: Post a Comment