Adventures in Japan <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 1

A Quick Bit About Food

In the last post I mentioned how we all went out for not-so-good Italian. I don't want you all to think that that is indicative of the Italian food situation across Japan. For that is simply not true. There are scads of quite tasty Italian restaurants right near where I work.

Just yesterday, Carla and I went and had lunch at one such establishment. The lady had the asparagus, bacon and cheese pasta. It was delish. It had pockets of chewy gooey cheese. I had the corned beef and cabbage pasta.

When you think pasta, you think corned beef, right? When you think Japanese food, you think corned beef and pasta, right? It was good. Much better than what I was expecting.

That's something that I still have problems with. Expectations. A couple days ago, I was out buying some bread. I saw a crusty bun covered in bacon and cheese. I totally bought it. Bacon cheese buns helped make me the man I am today. So I bit in...

Bacon and cheese buns, man... They ain't the healthiest bits of bites in the world. A person would have to really try to make it even more unhealthy.

Underneath the cheese and the bacon were chunks of potato smothered in mayonnaise.

Yeah.

Comments:
Hi Carla

It sure is a small world. For fun I decided to google some friends from high school and found your blog. Belated congrats on the wedding!

Couldn't find an e-mail address for you but thought I'd leave this note. Drop me a line when you have a chance and we'll get caught up: sykes@sasktel.net

Tracey Sykes (nee: Griffiths)
 
Post a Comment